Traditionally, Muay Thai did not include much Western boxing. But under Sasadajarn Sirisute’s guidance, Muay Thai in America now involves all the skills of Western boxing. In Thai Boxing the fists are employed efficiently in combination and with knockout power.
No other art uses the elbow as savagely as Muay Thai. The spectacle of a barrage of devastatingly accurate and perfectly timed elbow attacks of a Muay Thai expert is a beauty to behold.
Guess which is the most feared weapon of Muay Thai fighter? That’s right! The knees are the most feared natural weapon of the Thais. It’s reported that more Thai boxers die from knee strikes than from any other type of strike.
The workhorse technique of Thai Boxers is the round kick with the shin. The Thai round kick can do unthinkable damage to the legs, body or head. It’s like being hit with a baseball bat. The Thai shin kick (Tae Qua) has been known to break arms, ribs and legs and cause ferocious knockouts when aimed at the head and/or neck.
Don’t think for a second that this amazing form of self-defense is only for fighters, aspiring fighters or just the Thai people.
Anyone can do Muay Thai!
• No previous experience necessary. You don’t need to be athletic or super coordinated!
• You don’t need to have trained in any kind of martial art before. Even beginners just like you can get started immediately.
• You don’t have to already be in shape. No matter what your condition, you can do this!
• No matter what your age, you can do this!
• And in case you think this is just for guys, know that there are several female students in our Muay Thai program and we’ve even promoted several of them to instructor level in the past.
• You don’t have to worry about keeping up with the class. You get to learn at your own pace while we motivate and encourage you.
• You don’t have to spar (until you say you’re ready) and you don’t have to compete.